Hesperus, Colorado
3K views
3.0

Update by user Aug 04, 2015

I finally received the material for the building, but it was the wrong dimensions and basically unusable.I complained again, and they did rectify the problem, but I got no notice as to shipping date.

Also, I paid extra for a boom lift for delivery, which was never sent or used.I had to hand unload all material from beginning to end of project.

Update by user Jul 28, 2015

Versatube still has not resolved my issue.I can't finish the project without the right material, and I've sent e-mails to customer service and my "salesman" and so far I still have the wrong material and no way of finishing my carport.

For the money, I would not recommend this company.They don't seem very interested in helping their clients.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2015

I started my inquiry on 5-10-15.Got an estimate on 5-12 and accepted their price on 5-15.

I was sent info shortly after that and returned the necessary documents. On 6-18-15 they shipped the material by ABF freight. On 6-22 I received the framing material but no sheet metal. They told me to contact customer service; my salesman was no help.

Their contract states that the sheet metal comes via a separate truck and should be shipped within the same window if not the same day. I requested an update on material on 6-29, and was again referred to customer service. Chris from customer service said my shipment had been shipped, however he was wrong and was referring to the framing material. On 6-30 I was told the boom lift was in repair and it would be operational for delivery on 7-6-15.

Chris, via phone conversation, said my delivery would be on 7-10. Taking time off work to receive the shipment, I was greatly disappointed not to hear from them. I contacted them again, they apologized and said the shipment would be expedited and they would contact me on Monday 7-13. That never happened.

I contacted them again and explained I can't keep taking time off work to receive the merchandise. Now on the 17th I got a call from the sheet metal delivery company and they are setting up Monday 7-20 for delivery (provided they have room to get a 70 ft. truck to my location) I live on a dirt county road and assume that will be possible. All in all, I think waiting almost two months from the initial correspondence to a final delivery is not reasonable.

I had constant e-mail correspondence explaining my frustration and their patronizing responses only exacerbated my concerns. At this writing, I'm hoping there are no more surprises waiting for me. I've had the framing up for over a month and it seems to be of good quality.

I hope I'm not disappointed in the final results.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Hesperus_Carpenter is quite happy with quality of their product and stated that there is a room for improvement of poor service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of versatube steel building. VersaTube needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned versatube steel building in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at VersaTube.

Had an Experience with VersaTube?

Comments

Pikesville, Maryland, United States #1291002

WHAT A NIGHTMARE HC!I FEEL BAD FOR YOU AND I'M INTENTIONALLY POSTING THIS IN ALL-CAPS IN THE HOPE THAT YOUR'S AND OTHERS EXPERIENCES WILL DISSUADE OTHERS FROM BUYING FROM VERSA-TUBE!

CHEAP=JUNK IN VERSA-TUBES CASE!

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THEY ARE A CUT-RATE COMPANY SELLING CUT-RATE PRODUCTS AND PROVIDING ZERO SERVICE. THEN AGAIN, IF I WAS SELLING JUNK, I WOULDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO EXPLAIN MISSED AND INCORRECT DELIVERIES, SHODDY WORKMANSHIP AND CHEAP MATERIALS.

I WAS VERY SERIOUSLY LOOKING TO BUY A BUILDING FROM THEM AND MY OWN DUE-DILIGENCE, I DID A SEARCH ON GOGGLE CALLED "VERSATUBE REVIEWS, ISSUES & PROBLEMS. THAT'S HOW I FOUND YOUR REVIEW. THANK YOU FOR POSTING ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT YOU HAVE HAD WITH VERSA TUBE AS WELL AS THE "LIES" & MISINFORMATION THAT YOU HEARD FROM THEIR EMPLOYEES.

TYPICALLY, PEOPLE TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR TO GET YOU OFF THE PHONE....AND THAT'S WHAT SOUNDS LIKE THEY DID TO YOU.

I WILL BE BUYING MY 12X20 BUILDING THIS WEEK, BUT IT SURE AS HECK WON'T BE FROM THIS SHODDY COMPANY!

Hesperus_Carpenter

Things didn't get better.I received the sheet metal but it was wrong after a months wait!

With framing on 6' centers they sent me siding that was 10' long.Now I haven't heard back from my e-mail to customer service, but it will mean more time delays, if they decide to do something about the problem